Time for some fun stuff! Today I'm linking up with Jess over at From Blood to Books for her Teacher's Fashion Linky - awesome!
Here are the guidelines....
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
1. Favorite Stores: The Loft (Ann Taylor) - The Loft has nice styles most of the time at a reasonable price. Usually great tops and sweaters. And sometimes their skirts just fit me perfectly. Pants though - not so much. (Where are these Amazon women who are over 6 feet tall??) Occasionally I will pop down to Ann Taylor - their items cost WAY more, but they wear like iron, never fade, and last forever. Here's a cute dress I found at The Loft that I'm considering....what do you think....too pink?
The Limited - I started shopping here about 2 years ago and have fallen in love. I found the cutest gingham dress there last week that makes me feel like a character on Mad Men. (One of the sweet, chaste, non-smoking ones! If there are any on that show.....) Here's a picture of Keira from A Pretty Penny wearing it.
2. My Favorite Accessories
I don't wear too many accessories - no headbands (they give me a headache), rarely scarves, and I'm not into purses. But I do like jewelry! My favorite place to get inexpensive bling is Kohl's and I also have a ton of Lia Sophia from that year when everyone I knew had a party. I especially like funky styles like owls, and I have more than 20 pairs of holiday earrings.
3. Favorite Shoes
In warm weather I really like a little heel, but nothing too high. In winter it's all about the boots. I found an awesome pair at Clark's last year..
4. Go-to Items
Black slacks, black t-shirts...pretty much anything black! I have to force myself to add some color or else I'd look like Johnny Cash! Also - I have multiple black and white Ann Taylor camisole tops that I wear under just about everything. They're smoothing, help out when a shirt is just too low cut for school (don't you HATE that?), and when a sweater or other top is too sheer. (I seriously think most stores are getting super cheap and making everything so thin to keep prices low.)
5. Fashion "Uh-Ohs"
- My first year teaching, Open House was just a couple hours after school. Since it didn't seem worth it to drive 25 minutes home and then back, I just had a snack after school and starting arranging things. Well.....I snagged my skirt on a desk and ripped a HUGE hole in it! I had to speed home to change and then rush back just in time.
- Since I'm generally a klutz, I NEVER wear white. At least dark colors hide all the EXPO marker stains and little coffee spills.
- I also once had a kindergarten student tell me that my shoes looked like "little girl shoes". Yep - never wore those again!
Are you adding some new items to your teacher wardrobe this year? Link up and tell us about it!