Last year I saw my students get frustrated with math assignments not because they didn't know the correct procedures, but because they were not fluent and automatic in their basic multiplication and division skills. Since there is less and less time during the day for review and practice, I needed something the students could do independently and anywhere. And although flash cards can be great, they tend to be cumbersome, take up space, and can cost a lot of money to supply to every student.
So I made something I thought would work better - Multiplication & Division Discs. In my opinion, these discs are a far better choice because they are...
- Efficient - you cover both multiplication and division on the same card
- Compact - a whole set (1-15) fits easily in a student's desk, folder, or even pencil case
- Portable - students can carry them anywhere for a quick review
- Independent - children self-check their answers
- Budget friendly - just print as needed instead of buying flash cards over and over again
1. Print the pages and copy them double sided on colorful paper.
2. Cut out the discs.
3. Put 12 hole punches around the disc between the outer number and the inside circle.
5. ... and flip over the disc to check! Repeat with the other numbers on the disc or reverse the process to practice division facts.
And your students are on their way to mastering those facts!
You can take a closer look at this product by clicking here (or on any picture above).
Update: Winner's Selected!