I happened to see a fun Summer Bucket List Linky on What the Teacher Wants, so thought I would join the fun...
School1. New Classroom Design: My room has been getting awfully cluttered this year, and I want to change things up with a fresh movie themed design. I've already got Honey Bunch Blog Design working on our classroom blog reboot and can't wait to create an environment focused on excellence, creativity, and fun.
2. New Social Studies Standards: Nothing ever stays the same, right?? Although I'm excited about the new standards, a lot of the 5th grade focus has shifted away from Westward Expansion and to South America and the Caribbean. Great changes, but it's going to take some work to get there!
Personal1. More reading! My LibraryThing list of books for 2014 and 2015 is shockingly low.... So less Candy Crush and Netflix, and more reading. First up is The Martian by Andy Weir and I hope to be reading more young adult titles as well to get a head start on recommendations for next year. Any suggestions??
2. Add more products to TpT: I've got lots of things half completed but need to finish the final tweaks and get things up.
3. Back to Blogging! This is my first post in over a year, and I'm excited to get back into doing something I loved and connecting with educators all over the country and world. I missed you all! My break was for a great reason (I founded a local non-profit organization which is flourishing) but I'm ready to back.
Fun!1. Niagara Falls: My six-year-old daughter rattled off her summer bucket list while brushing her teeth last night and she said she wanted to see a water fall and go to another country. So - Niagara falls is perfect! And only a few hours away from us in Syracuse, New York.
2. Toes in he Ocean: I'm not a huge fan of swimming in the ocean - but I love the ocean breeze and beaches on a hot summer day. And it will be a first for my daughters.
3. Dance Class! Before I got so busy last year (see above), I took an Adult Jazz class at my daughters' dance studio. It was amazing and got me WAY out of my comfort zone! One more month and I get to slip my jazz shoes back on.
So what are your plans this summer? Swing by What the Teacher Wants and link up or leave me a comment!